Our Groups Are For Everyone!
FTA has developed a variety of group programs to appeal to the diverse interests of children.
Our group programs have been designed to help children develop and practice skills in a supportive social context. Many children lack the necessary skills to navigate peer relationships, and how to apply their skills in a social environment. Our group programs are not only deigned to help enhance your child’s development but most importantly for children to have fun! Research indicates that when children participate and enjoy activities it improves their overall development.
Our fun packed programs also include the following:
- Establishing greetings
- Developing nonverbal communication (e.g. understanding facial expressions)
- Winning & Loosing
- Cooperative play
- Dealing with confrontation and rejection
- Flexibility and sharing
- Initiating and joining in play
- Building confidence with peers
- Listening to others
- Problem-solving and negotiation
- Verbally communicating with peers
- Improving gross and fine motor skills
- Establishing regulation
Please Note Term 3 Group Programs include Yoga Time (26 July 2019 - 13 September 2019) and Photo Time (31 July 2019 - 18 September 2019). If you are interested in any of Group Programs, fill out our Enrol in a Group Program form.